Visa Application Requirements
Complete and sign Form Visa.pdf (V.1)
, and submit with the following:
* Valid passport with sufficient number of unused pages for endorsements abroad. Passport must be signed and valid for at least six months.
* Visa Fee - Payable to The Kenya High Commission in either Money Order, Bank/Company Cheque or Cash. (personal cheques are not accepted)
||AU $ 55
||AU $ 110
||AU $ 30
||AU $ 60
| Referred Visa
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Copy of flight printout/itinerary ( proof of entry/exit from Kenya and or Africa)
- Business Visa applicants should provide an invitation from inviting (host) company in Kenya. Please note that this is a short-term visa that only allows the applicant to remain in the country for upto ninety days. This visa may not be used for purposes of opening or operating a business in Kenya. The relevant visa will be issued by the Immigration Department once other requirements for opening/operating a business.
- Pre-paid, self addressed, return envelope (express post platinum or registered) or courier bag. Express post envelopes are not acceptable. New Zealand applicants should enclose AU$ 15 for postage. NOTE: New Zealand post coupons are not applicable and should not be sent to the High Commission.
To view the form you will need the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't already have it, click here to get the latest version(Version 9)
Please ensure that the visa form is correctly and fully completed, with photographs and the correct fee enclosed before submitting your application to ensure prompt processing of your application.
All Questions on the form must be answered to avoid delay.
Our opening Hours and Contacts (Working Days) :
9.00 AM – 12.00 noon (Consular Hours)
9.00 AM – 1.00 PM and 2.00 PM - 4.00 PM(Business Hours)
Telephone: +61 2 6247 4788
Fax: +61 2 6257 6613
Physical Address: Level 3, Manpower Building
33-35 Ainslie Avenue
Canberra, ACT 2601
Postal Adress: Kenya High Commission
GPO Box 1990
Canberra ACT 2601
Visas are valid for 3 months from the date indicated on the visa sticker. Visas are renewable once in Kenya (Contact the Department of Immigration, Nyayo House, Kenyatta Avenue, Nairobi). If applying from New Zealand, please send a further AUD$ 15 (for a small envelope) or AUD& 20 (for a large envelope); and this Mission will return your passport(s) by International Express Post - otherwise arrange for pick up from this Mission by a courier of your choice ,with all delivery charges paid by the applicant.
NB: Allow 5 working days for processing plus sufficient time for postage each way.
Vaccination Certificate: Immunization against yellow fever, Cholera and anti-malaria prevention medication are recommended but are not mandatory. However, visiting returning to Australia from Kenya maybe required to show their yellow fever certificates for quarantine clearance.
Visas are NOT required by all persons falling under the following category:
(a) Citizens of all Commonwealth countries except : Australia, Canada, Fiji, Guyana, India, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Ireland, Pakistan, United Kingdom, South Africa and Bangladesh.
(b) Countries with which Kenya has a Visa Abolition Agreement : Ethiopia, San Marino, Turkey, Eritrea and Uruguay.
(c) DELEGATES ATTENDING REGIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES SPONSORED BY REGIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS OF WHICH KENYA IS A MEMBER.
(i) Visas should be granted on application and on production of documentary evidence that the applicant is a bona fide delegate and the conference is sponsored by a regional or an international organisation of which Kenya is a member.
(ii) Spouses and children accompanying delegates who fulfill the requirements outlined above may be issued with visas on application.
(iii) Diplomatic/Official passport holders are granted visas on gratis basis on production of documentary evidence that the applicant is on official business.
(d) Holders of valid re-entry passes to Kenya.
Import of Pets: License for importing pets.
A licence is required to travel with pets to Kenya. The following requirements should be met by the applicant:
- A request letter providing the importer's name and address (mailing and email).
- Current Health Certificate from Veterinary Doctor.
- Certificate of registration
- Rabies and other vaccinations' certificate(s)
- Fees payable for the licence will be advised by the Department of Veterinary Services (see below)
Scan and email the above requirements to the Department of Veterinary Services in Nairobi using the following email:
The Department will advise on the mode of payment of the application fees.
The Department can also be reached on: Tel +254 20 2437858